Katy Allen: Interview with KAAddicts

Our Q&A with Katy Allen!
Wednesday, January 27, 2010

After a very long wait, ITS FINALLY HERE! Our very own Question/Answer with Katy Allen!
Just a note: All these questions we took were from over 150 questions. It was hard to narrow it down, but this is what we decided we liked, and here it is.


I don't know if this is advice, but he told me once that I thought I could do anything I set my mind to. I know this sounds like fluff, but he really meant it when he said it, and so it has really stuck with me.

Kris is on the road a lot - what's the scariest thing you've had to do on your own?
I don't know that I've been actually afraid, but I can tell you that I have been frustrated a few times! Using a drill to hang curtain rods is not the easiest thing to do on your own! I ended up bribing my best friend's brother and his friend to come help me. : )

drill...
without drill
What would you consider to be your greatest strength and your greatest weakness? And Kris'?
My greatest strength is probably my determination and focus when I really want to accomplish something. My greatest weakness is probably getting too stressed over things that don't matter in the long run. Kris' greatest strength is probably his ability to relate to and get along with people. His greatest weakness is PlayStation. : )


Kris used the word "determined" to describe you. What would you attempt if you knew you couldn't fail?
If I couldn't fail (or die in this case) I'd go hang gliding.


What type of acting roles are you interesting in doing? Do you prefer to do comedy, action, drama, etc?
I think I will have the most luck with comedy because I've been studying it and it's what people tend to see me doing. In all honestly I'd really love to do drama the most. I'd love to do the Rachel McAdams in the notebook type stuff (Yes, please! - edit). I'm OK with doing anything though. I like it all.

...cause this should be movie poster!!

How do you feel about the song, Red Guitar? How come you never decided to learn how to play it? Do you think one day you will?
I love the song. I really love my red guitar. I took my bridal pictures with it I loved it so much. When he wrote it I was so excited to have a song about my guitar that I didn't even think about it being about me for a while. When he first wrote it, the song had this very folksy sound to it. I liked it back then, but I love it even more now that it sounds the way it does. It's really good live too. I actually think it's the best live song from the whole CD. And now here is the truth... I can play that guitar! I know four chords: A, C, D, and G. : )


What do you think is the biggest misconception people have had about Kris?
I think early on a lot of people couldn't see his personality. Kris is more subtle, so I think it took a while for people to catch on to what he was all about as a person and a musician. (Yes, he HAS A LOT of personality)



What is the best piece of advice Kris has ever given you?
I don't know if this is advice, but he told me once that I thought I could do anything I set my mind to. I know this sounds like fluff, but he really meant it when he said it, and so it has really stuck with me. 

What kind of cologne does Kris wear?
He doesn't really wear it. He had this one cologne that he wore for maybe a few days. I couldn't even tell you the name because he lost it. (Things get lost a lot on tour I have learned.)

Where do you shop? You're such a fashionista!
The funny thing is, I really don't shop much. I have a habit of only buying clothes if I have something I'm going to. So if I have something to do at night, I'll going shopping at whatever store is nearby or convenient that day. I do love Urban Outfitters though.


"If your plane fell out of the skies, who would you call with yourlast goodbye?" and why?
This question is cute and depressing at the same time. : ) The easy answer is Kris because we rarely fly together. I'm always flying to meet him somewhere.

Both you and Kris seem to be a very giving couple. Are there any particular charitable projects that you two are planning for the future?
We talk about it a lot. We are both very passionate about things in Africa whether it's poverty, education, or AIDS. We have both been to several countries over there, and we plan to go back. I would really like to do something with education in Africa, because I think when you educate a person you give them the power to help their own situation more than you could yourself. I know Kris has also talked about doing something with the arts in public schools. A lot of times music and other arts programs get cut from public school because of funding problems. Doing something to help with this problem is definitely one of our goals.




0 comments:

Post a Comment


up